Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thai Princess Meets with President Shimon Peres

This article covers the meeting that President Shimon Peres had with the princess of Thailand, Dr. HRH Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. On route to the meeting, Mahidol got in a small car accident, but only suffered mild injuries. She was advised to go straight to the hospital to get testing, in case she was actually hurt, but she refused and said she wanted to go to the meeting anyway. "Mahidol told Peres, 'In my heart I feel half Israeli. I think like an Israeli. I visited here for the first time in the 1970s, and since then I keep looking for opportunities to return.'" The princess even added an Israeli name to her own: Tzila, which is how she signed her name in the president's guest book. "The princess, the youngest daughter of the Thai King, is a doctor of science, a lecturer in chemistry, and is deeply involved in scientific research in her country where she heads the Institute of Cancer Research." Israel and Thailand are in the middle of negotiating an industrial research and development treaty

I think it's very cool for representatives for two different countries to just meet and chat... I don't know why but it's almost like two celebrities hanging out on weekends. I also like the way that Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol adores Israel so much that she made it part of her name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment