Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother and Grandfather Convicted of Murder

This article is about the conviction of murder and life sentence placed on the grandfather and mother of 4-year-old Rose Pizem. The verdict was delivered at The Petah Tikva District Court last Thursday. The court has a hearing scheduled for May 30th to hear arguments for leniency on the two convicted, with a possibility of a lesser sentence. The grandfather, Ronnie Ron was convicted of the actual murder of the toddler, while the mother, Marie Pizem was convicted of soliciting the murder. Ron says he and Rose were in the car together, going somewhere, Rose sitting in the backseat. Ron handed her something to eat.. Rose says "Disgusting, disgusting" in French and Ron said "Enough" back to her in French, and he turned around and smacked her. He stated that she then became reserved and quiet so he thought she was just upset or embarrassed about being slapped. Ron felt bad and thought he would take her to get ice cream. When he stops the car, he lifts her up to try to make her happy, and says she felt limp all the sudden. He stated that he "killed her in a second". Rose's body was found in the Tel Aviv's Yarkon River. Both suspects have shown remorse throughout this series of interviews and trials. 

For me, it is very hard to believe that a simple slap killed this little girl. Either he's not telling the whole truth about what else he may have done to her, or that had to have been one heck of a slap. I don't think their story is true at all, except the remorse, although, I don't think the emotions recorded by the two resulted from the "accidental "murder; they are upset that they were caught in their crime, and that they are going to have to pay for it immensely. Ron's story seems way too suspicious for it to be as innocent as he claims. If I accidentally murdered my daughter or granddaughter, I don't know what I would do. But I know what I wouldn't do; dump her in a river like she was nothing. If my daughter wasn't breathing or I thought something was seriously wrong with her, I would have been rushing her to the hospital, and not trying to save my own butt by hiding what happened. If these two suspects would have tried to get help, they would not be looking so suspicious, which is why I think they are guilty.


No comments:

Post a Comment